Getting Started: Making your First Waitlist and Collecting Sign-Ups
Welcome to Waitlist! We're excited to help you launch your next big thing! Waitlist is the best tool for creating great pre-launch campaigns.
Once you're in your dashboard, click "Create a new waitlist"
It'll ask you to configure basic Waitlist settings:
- Waitlist name: The name of your waitlist. This will be the default name in any messaging to your signups, so choose something appropriate.
- Waitlist URL: Put in the URL where you intend to host your Waitlist. For example, if you're planning to host the Waitlist Form on your website at https://example.com/1234, then that's what you should put in this field. It's important that it's correct since we use it to generate referral links. You can leave it blank if you want us just to point to our hosted landing page for Waitlist.
- Spots Skipped on Referral: If you set this as
5, a user will move up 5 spots if they successfully refer a friend.
- Email New Signups: Whether or not you want us (getwaitlist.com) to email new signups that sign up on your waitlist with their referral link and current position.
- Verify Signups by Email: If you turn this on, we'll send new users who sign up an email where they have to click a link to verify themselves before they can move up on the waitlist.
- You'll have the ability to change any of the above Waitlist settings, and many more, at any time in the future.
Great, you're now set up with your first waitlist! There's a lot more you can do to configure your waitlist pre-launch. Below are a few links that may be the right next steps for customizing your waitlist and launching: